Ready Steady Go!



                                                             

                                         Ready Steady Go!!!

                                                     




The focus of my blog is to share my fundraising journey 50 walks to success, which I hope you will follow. I aim to blog everything from the beginning, the end, and everything in between. I am sure there will be very entertaining times and others that will test my stamina. I suspect my sense of direction will be tested but isn't that what google maps is for?
Most of all I hope it will be a uplifting read and one that might inspire you.

 Before I start posting pictures of me drenched from a shower of rain, or pictures of  me proudly stood at the top of the hill, I think it is best to explain about the Helena Kennedy Foundation as they are my  motivation.
 
I decided a while ago that I wanted to support the charity which had done so much for me as a award winner. The Helena Kennedy Foundation is an amazing charity; it may only be small but it has a huge heart. 
The foundation supports learners from Further Education who are continuing to University.  All award winners are financially disadvantaged and have coped with significant challenges, despite this have secured themselves a place at University showing great commitment and determination. 
Examples of what  the challenges could be  are:  no parental support or a support network. Students who have had to leave the care system.  Those who have experienced domestic and/ or sexual violence. Individuals who have severe health and or physical needs. 
 
Hopefully you can see that the challenges the award winners have overcome are not small fry.The award winners are absolutely amazing!!!!
Award winners are presented their awards at the House of Lords ceremony.  
Receive  a bursary of £2250
Mentor scheme
 

LETS GET FUNDRAISING!!! 

Developments will be revealed very soon. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cocktail of kindness and productivity

keep trying