Coming on nicely 


                                                                                                     

Yesterday (12.3.21)  I woke up with the focus of getting to work early to collect the key for the display board . The day was particularly busy meaning that I had thirty minuets to get the board done because of my work schedule with classes and meetings. 
I have to admit I am a planner and so the process really had started the previous day. I had been in most of the staff rooms asking staff to give me  some edging for the display. It was wonderful that I eventually found a department willing to provide me with the edging as it came out of their budget .
That evening when most staff had left the building I was stood near the printer, printing many posters off ready for the next day. I went around the college blue tacking the poster on walls  that Shahida  had kindly made. I placed the posters down every corridor of the building and in each staff room. In the back of my mind wishing that the posters would lead to awareness and donations.  

Now back to the display board Some of the posters for the display featured  past award winners; Micah Grimshaw, Dr Sam Parker, Christine Cadman.  These exceptional people demonstrated perfectly  the type of learners the Helena Kennedy Foundation support. To find out about these learners visit the Helena Kennedy Foundation website. I may have also  added a photo or two to this blog.
The time came to do the display board; I had a friend with me. I must have been very annoying as all I seemed to repeat to her was
" Is this straight?" and  " What time is it?"
Many pins later the display was complete and all that remained was the edging which dressed the display nicely. 

Later on in the day a student said ' Kirsty why is your face all over the walls in the building?'  I smiled and said" you should read it, its for Charity".
My wish to make awareness or at least to be noticed appeared to be happening. 

Finishing the day in fabulous way was when Sarah Wilkinson messaged me and said that her brother said he could do the jackets and that she could collect the jackets from my home address.  Her brother works for Pineapple Joes a local company. The Jackets were going to be printed for free, how fantastic!!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cocktail of kindness and productivity

keep trying

keep on walking and keep on supporting