Carry on Believing



As I begin writing this blog; I am in a much more optimistic place compared to the last time I published a blog. I woke up yesterday to a post Dr Ann Limb had shared on LinkedIn in which she had tagged me and others drawing attention to my fundraising, which was a very lovely moment. From that I did get others wishing me good luck and of course I became noticed. A lady which had been tagged in the post said to me in a comment ' we see you' which cheered me up greatly, then she donated which was really kind and wonderful of her.  
I had a unexpected delivery of orange roses and a bottle of wine also delivered that day; from someone I work with. I thought about in those moments how very lucky I am with the kindness and support I have with some of those around me and I needed to get dressed, shake the covid misery off and start a new day. 

Yesterday I received a good luck message from Shahida at the foundation because I was having a TEAMS meeting with Karen from the radio station Greatest hits on the Yorkshire Coast. I was recorded answering questions about the Helena Kennedy Foundation. It was a delight speaking to Karen she was so enthusiastic and motivating. Karen confirmed  that it would be on the radio every hour before the news. Karen also informed me that she was going to share it with their sister station Viking FM.
 I feel like I am becoming more confident in public speaking, I asked her if I could add a bit more information, I did giggle to myself because I wouldn't have been so assertive two radio stations previously. I gave an example of an actual award winner but I was very careful not to identify the person. I said the challenges faced were foster care; poor school experience; told he would never achieve; no fixed abode and yet now he has a very successful career in the NHS.  I really felt strongly that I wanted to get across to the public the remarkable students the Helena Kennedy Foundation support but that the challenges faced actually many in society probably can relate. 

As I was walking around my garden again my phone went 'ping' an message from The Spa Theatre  Bridlington. They had confirmed that they were going to donate an afternoon tea in their cafĂ© for me to giveaway with my raffles. I thanked them and stated that I would publish this within social media; the local news and when I have catch ups with BBC Radio Humberside. 
Today I  checked that I am able to return to my day job on Monday. I will be taking the 3KG tub of sweets and my Disney scratch cards. Each raffle will only raise a small amount but they will slowly add up. If any business would donate a voucher this would be very much appreciated. 

I would hope that once I start posting my walks in my local area that those in Education will begin donating. I have always known that I wanted to support young people and adults trying to improve their lives who have had to implement courage and have had to work hard in order to progress. Its made clear to me that for me this and education is a passion for me. I am not in Education because It pays the bills, for status or anything else; its a passion for me. I need to accept that not everyone is the same and those who I think should be donating may not.

Looking forward, tomorrow is finally the start of the 100 hours walking and on average 200miles. 

if you have read this please donate and share this blog for the futures of those who just need a champion charity behind them. Remember this is an investment in people and supports social inclusion. 

To donate visit virgin money giving and type in Kirsty Young. I am the third one down; to the left it says Helena Kennedy Foundation. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cocktail of kindness and productivity

keep trying

keep on walking and keep on supporting