A cocktail of kindness and productivity


Hello All

Progress has been fabulous and the generosity of others has been wonderful. 
I contacted one of my friends, her son has a confectionary business called Bee Sweet.  I wanted to purchase a 1kg tub of sweets to raffle off. I thought it would be a popular concept amongst staff to raffle  off a big tub of sweets, so I also purchased some fun Disney scratch cards for the raffle too.
 The response I received was not expected but so lovely. The young business owner donated a large 3kg tub of sweets for free. He went further than this an stated that he would donate a percentage of all his sales; such a generous thing to do.  I felt humbled by his kindness as I have never met him before.
A friend of mine has recently started  a  new business called Craftee-Monkee Handstamping. I contacted her, she was happy to help and agreed to raffle off a personalised set containing a bracelet, necklace and keyring on her business Facebook Page. Both businesses are donating all proceeds made and I appreciate them both.  

Publicity has been a big development this week. My fundraising plight is being covered by two local newspapers.  The Free Press and The Echo Bridlington.
I particularly like that these stories cover the reason why I want to give back to this amazing charity. The articles cover the aims of the Helena Kennedy Foundation and the vital part they play in changing lives positively.  
The publicity train does not stop there. I am very excited to announce that I will be speaking live on BBC Humberside Radio at 12.10 pm on the 30th March 2021. 
I hope the publicity will encourage readers and listeners to donate. it would be a dream to raise enough funds to be able to support an additional award winner.  Especially since covid when more people will have experienced disadvantages and barriers or the challenges they already had exacerbated .

As the launch walk is quickly approaching at the weekend I went out with some of my family and we practiced the launch walk. This really gave me a bit more confidence in being clear on the route. It was actually a very enjoyable afternoon. We covered 6.5 miles in two hours exactly. 














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

keep trying

keep on walking and keep on supporting